Virginia Master Naturalist (VMN) Application (pdf or word).
Our next class starts in September 2019.
See the current 2018 class schedule.
Once you are accepted into the training program, you will take classes and start to accumulate Continuing Education (CE) and volunteer hours. To become certified, you need 8 hours of continuing education (CE) and 40 hours of volunteer work in addition to completing the class. You will have one full year from the end of the classroom work to complete the CE and volunteer work.
Applications should be mailed to:
VMN Banshee Reeks
PO Box 1102, Leesburg, VA 20177
The Banshee Reeks VMN Chapter proudly offers a highly acclaimed and state sponsored eight-month training course for community members interested in working toward certification as a Virginia Master Naturalist.
- The course explores a variety of topics including biogeography, botany, ecology, ornithology, management and conservation of ecological systems such as wetlands, forest and urban/suburban settings, as well as teaching and interpretive skills in citizen science.
- Our curriculum consists of 15 sessions held annually September through April, on Saturdays 9 am to 3 pm. The course combines classroom and field instruction. Successful completion of the training requires passing both the mid-term and final examinations.
- Classes are limited to 22 adult students and fees are $250 per person, which includes all course materials. Applications are now open.
- Participants are expected to attend all class and field work. If you miss one or two classes, a “make-up” session(s) must be taken within one year from the course completion. Qualifying make-up classes must be pre-coordinated with the Chapter Training Committee.
- If you have a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this program, please contact our state Program Director, Michelle Prysby at 434.872.4571 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours of 8 am and 5 p.m. to discuss accommodations prior to the application deadline for the course.